How Automated Email Campaigns Help in Conversion Rates
Running automated email campaigns has several advantages which include triggering the required actions from a larger user database, thereby increasing the conversion rate. If emails are sent automatically, they can be sent on time, are often hyper-relevant to the readers & can generate greater Return on Investment (ROI) than those sent manually.
What is an Automated Email Campaign?
An automated email campaign consists of creating & sending automated emails to the potential or existing customers who perform some requisite set of actions. A particular response from any user triggers a personalized email & it is sent straight to his inbox. For example, if an organization wants to send welcome emails to all the people who sign up on its website; this can be done by sending an automated email to the subscriber. In the same situation, if a manual email were to be sent, it would have taken more time & effort & also couldn't have been sent the exact time, which is right after the sign up occurs. Automated email, on the other hand, needs to be set up only once & then it would be automatically directed to the inbox of a potential customer, once he or she performs a particular action on the website.
Some Interesting Stats about Automated Emails
- Automated emails get 119% higher click than broadcast emails (Source: Epsilon):
Automation is all about catching people when they are ready to act & it works wonders in the optimization of the website conversion rates.
- B2B marketers can optimize the conversions by up to 50% using automated emails (Source: ):
Catching people at right time & with the right content is always better than sending them manual emails. It not only delights the in turn, also plays an important role in the Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO).
- The average open rate for welcome emails is a miraculous 50% (Source: MarketingSherpa):
Welcome emails are 86% more efficient than email newsletters.
- 74.4% of people expect to receive a welcome email right after (Source: BlueHornet):
Automated welcome emails can be sent right after the users subscribe on the website. Some promotional coupon codes sent with welcome emails increase the probability of conversion rate optimization (CRO).
- Subscribers receiving welcome with customers for 33% extra time than average customers (Source: cheifmarketer.com):
A good first impression keeps users engaged for a longer duration.
- Retailers that send a series of welcome emails to receive 13% more revenue than those that send just one (Source: Internet Retailer 500):
Automated emails fetch better results with efforts & a series of them always better serves the purpose of conversion rate optimization (CRO).
Benefits of Automated Email Marketing
- Right content gets delivered at right time & to the right people
- The needs of the potential or existing customers
- Lead nurturing is easier, generating higher chances of the prospect moving down the funnel in the sales cycle
- Customers feel a greater connect with the brand & provide a better response which, in turn, helps in the improvement of the conversion rate
- A higher rate of sharing of the content with “brand recognition”
How to Automate Email Marketing Campaigns
80% of the brands today, send automated emails (Source: returnpath.com). Automate the email marketing campaigns to best suit your needs by following steps:
- Deciding on the type of emails that need to be automated:
Depending on its business requirement, a B2B company can choose to automate the following types of emails:
- Welcome emails to be sent after sign up
- Confirmation messages right after a registration
- Re-engagement emails after a period of dormancy from the subscriber
- Subscription renewal reminder emails, wherever applicable
- “No Campaign Created” email should be sent to a customer who has signed up for a campaign monitor account but hasn’t created a campaign yet
- Evaluating whether Freemium, Mid-tier or Enterprise powers the company’s email automation goals & best fits in its budget:
- Services are often used by companies with little or no budget. Such companies have less than 500 subscribers
- Growing businesses with defined goals & KPIs to be achieved must use mid-tier email services
- Organizations with the dedicated email marketing team, which need a high degree of customization should use an enterprise marketing cloud
- Measuring the automated email marketing efforts:
B2B companies must always measure the success of their automated email campaigns which can be done by evaluating real-time data with the help of several real-time data analytics tools.
According to the Lenskold and Pedowitz Groups sending automated emails helps marketers repurpose their content & this leads to the generation of up to 61% more useful content than the marketers who don’t use automated emails.