Augmented Reality for businesses: Things to know before building an ARkit and ARcore app
The ARkit software is an initiative from Apple that has made it easier for programmers to design and implement AR applications. These applications have harnessed iPhone's hardware and motivated businesses to invest in Augmented Reality and 3D technology.
AR (Augmented Reality) is now not a flight of fancy. It has transformed into an absolute necessity for retailers. Giants like Apple, Google and Microsoft have adopted it and have created toolkits like ARkit and ARcore and other hardware to create an enhanced technology.
AR is growing in popularity
Businesses nowadays are utilizing Augmented Reality (especially ARkit) to advertise their products and amplify sales with the help of iPhone app development services. It helps keep customers satisfied and can help increase loyalty. Developing applications im Augmented Reality can be a steep learning curve. That’s why Google and Apple have developed ARcore and ARkit SDK.
There are 7 things you need to understand before building an ARkit and ARcore app:
- Things that programmers are implementing in AR at present can contribute to the development of useful features and functionalities in the future. However, id any bugs are left uncorrected today, it can create a problem in future. Hence, it is necessary to have a future-thinking approach while developing applications. You need to be aware that Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality will still be with us in the future even if the machines utilized have become outdated. You need to start to think now about merchandising, content relationships, portability, and creating a fix for the future.
- Retailers utilize 3D models for various implementations and products. It is necessary to make such 3D models available across devices and platforms, no matter whether it is a tablet or a smartphone application. Consistency in product quality should be observed not just to improve the product’s performance but also to satisfy the customer needs. As a retailer, one should have known enough to understand the conversion criteria fora product when it is changed into a 3-D model. Proper management schemes should be implemented.
- Think of introducing and implementing more new ideas using AR in mobile apps.It's about more than just placing a single object into a real context. Your ARkit application shouldimpress your customers. It should allow them to place various 3D models into a picture, for example. The models should be placed firmly in the picture even when the customer moves around. Hence, customers should be allowed to use the application with complete flexibility.
- Assembly is a process of bringing together different product packages that created by your content managers. Your content managers decide about the rules governing the assembly process, and also understand the connection between individual parts of the product.The customer should be allowed to make changes by swapping the items on a screen and adjusting different views according to their convenience. But, there are few real-world boundaries like hardware compatibility. Hence, rules should be made accordingly.
- Think of some unconventional features that are yet not introduced in mobile app development. At present, the primary focus remains of AR is on the inclusion of 3D content to actual world scenes. Upcoming Augmented Reality trends are expected to initiate major developments such as permitting users to erase actual items from scenes. It is known as Diminished Reality. It makes Augmented Reality applications more user-friendly for customers. A system that can implement Diminished Reality will firstly erase actual items and then develop 3D models.
- With the addition of more features and functionalities, the back-end programming for the Augmented Reality applications will become more complex. Complexity will touch new heights and it would be difficult even for experienced programmers to understand the code. Such level of complexity is not constant and it will increase with time. Therefore, a solution to decrease complexity is to use procedural content while things are in progress rather than leaning entirely on pre-developed 3D assets. Systems adequate to produce procedural content can manage billions of permutations within a very short period.
- It’s great to work in your niche but the true essence of business also involves serving the broad range of customers. It is not good to limit your product within a confined space if there is a smaller user base. Even if you have a brilliant ARkit app, it is not beneficial to billions of Android users. Furthermore, an ARcore app is not compatible with iPhone. Fortunately, there are solutions that can serve both platforms. However, businesses can decide about the app based on their target audience and market.
Augmented Reality is constantly evolving. I hope that this article helps you to set the parameters while developing an ARkit and an ARcore app.