Effects Of Mobile Marketing On Post-Purchase Stage
In the post-purchase stage a marketer's job is to provide consumers after sale service as well as providing consumers extra benefits such as discounts and free trials.
This blog post is a part of effects of mobile marketing on consumer decision making process series. You can reach preview blog posts below:
1. Introduction to Effects of Mobile Marketing on Consumer Decision Making Process
2. Effects of Mobile Marketing on Need Recognition Stage
3. Effects of Mobile Marketing on Information Search Stage
4. Effects of Mobile Marketing on Alternative Evaluation Stage
5. Effects of Mobile Marketing on Purchase Stage
After a consumer makes a decision he/she expects satisfaction to occur from his/ her decision. If the product /service does not meet his/her requirements, then dissatisfaction might occur. At this point the marketer may lose the chance to make this customer a loyal user. That’s why savvy marketers make sure that their consumer is completely satisfied and does not develop any negative post-purchase feelings.
Likewise mobile technology plays an important role for marketers at the post - purchase stage. Mobile services can improve post-purchase customer service experiences. For instance, consumers can receive updates on the order status for items purchased. Moreover, Customer support can be enhanced by delivering more interactive content (e.g., images, video), to consumers regardless of their location
Importance of Mobile Technology on Post-Purchase Stage
The use of mobile services can improve perceived benefits (convenience, savings, and instant communication) and reduced perceived risks (performance risks, financial risks, time risks) for consumers and that may lead to more satisfactory post-purchase experiences for consumers
Cognitive dissonance is the inner tension that a consumer experiences after recognizing an inconsistency between behaviour, value and opinions. Marketers can prevent cognitive dissonance by using mobile marketing tools such as following up the customers via push notifications and sending them promotions, free trails, and etc..
Consumers’ willingness to use mobile services at the post- purchase stage depends on forming beliefs that these mobile marketing services will offer benefits
Post-Purchase Stage Use Cases and Actionable Insights for Marketers
In post-purchase stage a marketer’s job is to provide consumers after sale service as well as providing consumers extra benefits such as discounts and free trials.
At this stage;
1. Interactive Push Notifications (especially mobile app marketers might send interactive push notifications to the users just after the purchase stage and get their feedback immediately)
2. In-App Popups (popups triggered after consumer makes a purchase, it can be used to give info regarding customer service)
3. Triggered Campaigns (sending notifications to the customers who already make a purchase and giving them extra benefits) can be used to impact consumers’ decisions at this stage.
If you are interested about mobile marketing effects on all consumer decision making process stages; Download Effects of Mobile Marketing on Consumer Decision Making Process E-Book
Read More About Mobile Marketing