How To Get The Most Out Of Christmas Sales
It's no secret that the majority of retail companies rely heavily on the Christmas trading period. For many it's even the make or break period.
Even though companies are well aware of the importance, the prior planning is often far from desirable and leaves large gaps in the strategy.
With only 100 days to Christmas the panic may be starting to settle in. Panic no more! We have put together this handy cheat sheet to act as your checklist and give you a helping hand. We can even help you build your strategy and implement it (use the contact details at the bottom to get in touch and see how we can save your time).
- Launch early - Attention turns to Christmas in September; you may have already seen other companies promoting Christmas. Don’t be behind your competition!
- Be Black Friday ready – It falls on payday weekend this year. Cyber weekend may be the biggest trading day of 2015 as a result. Can your site cope with a massive traffic spike? Have your emergency holding page ready, just in case.
- Prevent delivery disaster – Avoid disappointment by ensuring you have flexible staff for the increase in demands and the right courier in place.
- Keep it simple – Will your Cyber weekend promotions work for you as a business? Keep it simple with a site wide percentage discount and/or an effective promotion such as free delivery.
- Win the battle of the inbox – Send one early morning ‘Black Friday Launch’ email and one ‘Last Chance’ reminder around 7-8pm.
- Extend the offer – Did the promotion work well? If so, send out an ‘Offer Extended’ email between 7am and 8am Saturday morning, then a ‘Last Chance’ message on Sunday.
- Start again on Cyber Monday – Get the maximum from Cyber Monday with a brand new 24 hours time sensitive promotion. Send your launch email between 6am and 7am, your ‘Last Chance’ reminder can then be sent between 7pm and 8pm.
- Leverage your list – Analyse those new customers who purchased over Christmas 2014 and win them back with a dedicated and relevant message.
- Plan for Manic Monday – How will you maximise one of your biggest sales days of 2015?
- Watch the weekend – Prepare for another surge in orders between the 18th-20th December, the weekend which falls before the postage cut-off date.
- Launch your sale – The best time to launch is Christmas Eve with an email reminder on Boxing Day morning
- Mind your margin – Offer free delivery before you consider further discounts
We’d love to help you make this Christmas your best yet. Get in touch with us today and take us up on a free consultation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Read More On Digital Doughnut