Top Marketing Tools for Ecommerce Brands
Effective digital marketing campaigns depend on a set of carefully-chosen tools that help marketers correctly analyze the market and tailor it to the intended audience. When crafting your campaign, it’s vital to choose the perfect tools for the job. Otherwise, you could end up buried in a field of unusable data and unrealized plans.
But how to decide which path is the right one when there are just so many options out there? Do you need to track the customer journey? What about automating processes? Or even know which communication channels to use? Maybe designing some new resources? It seems the list of tasks is almost endless.
The truth is—you’ll need all these and more. But one thing at a time. First, you’ll need to get some solid tools at your disposal that will take care of all your must-do functions before moving on to your complex marketing plan. We’ve created this list of the top marketing tools for ecommerce brands that will help you dominate the market and realize your goals without breaking a sweat.
But First…Why is Marketing Automation Important?
First things first. You need to get automated. Marketing automation has been a growing trend in the tech sector for some time. Why? Precision and speed are the two pillars of effective management, in general.
By optimizing your workflow and processes, you can better tailor your strategy to your clients and help them connect with your brand. After all, you don’t want your creative, genius marketing team filling out paperwork, do you?
Manual processes are the worst nightmare for marketers—and other departments as well. That’s why before we even talk about specialized tools, you need to automate all the processes that can be automated.
Marketing automation allows companies to:
- Quickly reach their audience through emailing and messaging
- Trigger the necessary marketing actions at the right time in the right place
- Carefully identify and study their audiences
- Create the best content for their audience
- Effectively manage multi-channel communication with their customers and much more.
Need a better reason?
A well-automated marketing strategy helps companies to effectively increase their ROI and revenues at a much lower cost. That’s why the global marketing automation market is growing in popularity so fast. According to Research and Markets, it’s expected to reach $14,189.6 mln by 2023 from only 4,438.7 mln in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 12.3% in the forecasted period.
Top 4 Marketing Tools for Ecommerce Brands Today
Like any dedicated marketer, we’re sure you have your own set of most go-to marketing tools that you use to complete your day-to-day tasks. But just what if there was a better way?
Intrigued? So were we and that’s why, we decided to pull together a list of our must-have tools to level-up your marketing kit and help you take your ecommerce brand to the next level.
Awario can be your confident, intelligence agent in the vastness of the Internet. This tool effectively gathers all the data related to your brand or business on the Internet. It peers through social media sites, blogs, news sites, ranking sites, and gathers the most detailed data on your brand, marketing campaigns, events, and much much more.
With Awario’s help, you can learn what people actually think about your brand, your product, and the industry you operate in, and use that knowledge to your advantage.
How does it work?
To start gathering data with Awario, you need to register in the app and carefully create your brand, company, or anything you want to track alerts. For this, just choose the keywords you want to monitor. This can be your brand name, product line name, hashtags, marketing campaigns, industry-related words, and even competitors. Then choose the language, location, online sources, and date ranges to monitor.
If you want to make your alerts more precise, you can learn how to use Boolean operators. After having a few simple training sessions, you’ll be able to create the most detailed requests and get the most relevant results.
The Awario app will notify you of the latest mentions of your brand via your Slack or email. You can adjust the settings to receive weekly or daily messages from the app.
Use Awario for the following marketing purposes:
- Gaining detailed data about your customers–their demographics, age, location, preferences, and much more
- Tracking your competitors’ marketing campaigns, brands, and activities
- Evaluate your marketing campaigns’ success–positive/negative feedback from your customers, audience reach, frequency of mentions, and more
- Simply finding influencers on social media such as journalists, celebrities, popular bloggers and evaluating their performance for effective collaboration
- Tracking popular topics and trends online
- Creating white-label reports of your brand activities online
You can get Awario in three different plans:
- Starter plan at $39 per month
- Pro plan at $199 per month
- Enterprise plan at $399 per month
Save up to 40% of the price by buying a yearly plan or booking a demo to try Awario’s features.
Create your Awario account and get a free trial for 7 days.
Google Analytics is a lifeline for any marketer. This web analytics service provides marketers with a diverse set of tools to monitor and analyze campaigns and generate valuable, actionable data. With Google Analytics you’ll better get to know your audience and find out which channels generate the most traffic for your website or application, and this means you can stay one step ahead of your competitors.
How does it work?
Google Analytics offers diverse sorts of data collected and organized into simple and interactive reports. For this, you need to place a special tag on your website that helps to collect the data for Google Analytics.
You can access the collected data in the form of various reports which include metrics and dimensions.
Metrics stand for the measured numbers on your website. For example, the number of customers, number of purchases made, average time users spend on your website, and others.
Dimensions show how you can segment your metrics. For example, a number of customers by source, number of conversions by device type, and much more.
Use Google Analytics for the following marketing purposes:
- Website and app performance tracking–popular pages, find out how visitors found your website
- Learning more about your audience–their demographics and preferences
- Find out the main sources of user traffic
- Reveal various trends of user engagement and customer behavior patterns
Google Analytics is free to use for small and medium-sized businesses. Large enterprises may require Google Analytics 360 with extended functionality, including account manager and dedicated support. Google Analytics 360 starts at $150,000 per year.
Google Analytics is absolutely free with some account limitations. Google Analytics 360 has no free trial.
Every marketer that builds its marketing strategies based on email distribution has Mailchimp in its arsenal. Mailchimp is a classic email marketing web-based application that helps businesses establish effective communication with their customers and affiliates via email correspondence.
But isn’t email marketing dead?
Think again. Email marketing has a 4,200% ROI—yes, you read that right! Meaning a well-tailored campaign can work wonders for your business and your profit.
How does it work?
Mailchimp is an intuitive and simple-to-use app. After creating an account there, all you need is to add your audience contacts and create your mailing campaign. This way, you’ll be able to send multiple emails to lots of your customers in one click.
Moreover, Mailchimp allows A/B split tests to be completed when you change one variable in your campaigns to check if they'll work better. Either way, you’ll be able to pinpoint the exact moment your campaign starts to connect with your audience and gets results.
Use Mailchimp for the following marketing purposes:
- Setting your email marketing campaigns
- Sending reminders and invitations to your customers
- Creating a customer base for your business
- Fulfilling A/B split tests to find out how to make your campaigns even more effective
- Gather detailed statistics on your mailing campaigns
- Creating customized templates for your emails
- Mailchimp offers the following pricing plans:
- Free with some basic functionality and up to 2,000 contacts
- Essentials at $11 per month with 500 contacts and some more functionality
- Standard at $17 per month with 500 contacts and everything in Essentials + more features
- Premium at $299 per month with 10,000 contacts and all the advanced features.
You can start with the Free pricing plan and try the basic features of Mailchimp.
No need to be a professional designer to create striking visual content for your marketing campaigns with Canva. In fact, no need to have any design experience at all. Canva is a web platform where you can create beautiful designs for your marketing campaigns. It allows you to take templates and turn them into fantastic content creations that really catch your users’ eyes and get them interested in your brand.
How does it work?
To start working quickly with Canva, you need to register an account with the platform and then choose the type of content you want to create. The app has a wide range of diverse ready-made templates for emails, business cards, logos, presentations, and much more.
Its smart technology allows you to create a unique style for your brand. Alongside using off-the-shelf designs, you can also create your own design patterns for different marketing campaigns as well as share them with other users too.
Use Canva for the following marketing purposes:
- Creating Facebook cover photos, logos, Pinterest graphics, Instagram Stories, email templates, and many other templates
- Develop a consistent look for your brand or product lines
There are three pricing plans offered by Canva:
- Free plan with basic features for design
- Pro plan at $119.99 per year for up to 5 people
- Enterprise plan at $30 per month per person with a minimum of 35 people.
Canva Pro offers a free trial for 30 days.
Text Optimizer is an intent optimization tool that ensures that your ecommerce landing page matches any target searcher's expectations.
The tool analyzes your target search query and identifies what a searcher expects to find on a page when searching for that term. Semantic analysis is what Google uses to understand the context behind a search query and “guess” what the expectations are.
How Does it work?
Give it your search query, the tool will run it a Google search, grab search snippets Google returns and apply a semantic analysis to identify related concepts and entities.
Use the provided data to create your landing page copy and headings. This way Google will identify it as relevant to your target (and related) queries and boost its rankings, and page visitors will be more likely to stay and engage with your sales funnel.
Use Text Optimizer for the Following marketing purposes:
- Optimize existing landing pages (especially those that so far fail to rank in top 5)
- Improve the content and structure of your new landing pages by following the tool’s suggestions
- Come up with ideas of supporting content that can drive clicks to your landing pages by ranking for informational search queries
Text Optimizer costs $60 per month and this includes an unlimited amount of optimizations, Excel file exports, an ability to find popular questions around any search query, and access to the Google Chrome extension.
There’s a 7-day free trial available allowing you to evaluate the tool and learn to fit it into your current copy creation and optimization process.
Before You Go
Marketing is tough work, but we all know the pleasure of getting our campaigns right and hitting the mark. To be able to do that more efficiently, and concentrate on creative strategy and analytics, we, as marketers need the best tools at our fingertips.
In the highly-competitive world of ecommerce marketing, that often means keeping on top of tool trends and general market movements to ensure you have the top tools at hand when you need them.
When deciding which tools to add to your kit, it always helps to get the feedback of others in the profession and trying out the tools for yourself with a free trial. The tools listed above are some of the ones we here at Awario use personally and we hope you find them as useful as we do. Got some tools to share? Let us know and we’ll try them out and maybe even add them to the list.