4 Ways to Excel at Video Marketing Like a Pro!
Video marketing is using videos to promote and market your products or services to increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educate your customers and reach your target audience groups with new mediums.
Video marketing is an absolute must and several statistics back it up, such as:
- 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day. (Source: YouTube)
- 1200% more shares are generated by social videos than text and images combined. (Source: Crackitt.com)
- Marketers who use videos receive 41% more traffic from search than non-users. (Source: Siteefy.com)
- 52% of the marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Source: toplinefilm.com)
Here are 4 research-baked tips for effective video marketing:
1. Tell Your Brand Story
According to research by Durum, 80% of people prefer brands that tell stories as a part of their marketing.
Brands need to focus on adding value to the audience’s lives by providing actionable advice instead of salesy content. Video marketing is a perfect opportunity for brands to leverage the power of storytelling and ignite strong emotions in the minds of prospects or customers.
Creating video products specifically for showcasing your product features is a good idea for marketers. Videos created need to narrate fascinating stories rather than simply reflecting on product features. Telling brand stories in a way that showcases your subject-matter-expertise (SME) and imparts value is an extremely useful way for audiences to trust a brand for its authenticity.
2. Inclusion of Closed Captions
According to a report by Renderforest, 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound.
So, videos must be optimized by the inclusion of closed captions. Also, the marketers should A/B test different formats of closed captions to figure out which one is best suited for a video.
The closed caption formats can dramatically enhance the engagement rate of your video, the view time, and the total number of conversions generated through the video content.
3. Optimize Your Videos for Search
One of the least talked about factors is video SEO. As much as it is ignored video SEO is a very important aspect of video marketing. Video SEO is very different from regular, web SEO.
Video SEO strategies have dramatically changed over the past few years and are an indispensable strategy on which marketers need to spend their time and money. Employing the right video strategies optimizes your video to be indexed and ranked on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages) to give your videos a higher chance of ranking and gaining a wider audience appeal.
Getting ranked with your video on universal search helps consolidate the authority of your website and implicates how friendly and receptive your website is to deliver the video content.
In general, the visibility of your video is influenced by the following factors:
- Choosing the right platforms for video hosting
- Inserting video transcripts
- Inserting engaging thumbnail images
- Optimizing the title and description of your video
- Embedding the videos that are required to rank first on the page
- The video should be the focus of the page
- The video should have appealing content and shouldn't be solely relying on SEO for promotion & visibility
4. Ending Should be With an Effective Call-to-Action (CTA) Button
Many of your video viewers might actually be qualified leads. Therefore, the end of the videos should essentially have a call-to-action (CTA) button to let your audiences know exactly what they have to do next.
Adding end-screen annotations to the videos such as a “Subscribe” button or making your audience answer a poll drives the audience to a compelling “to-do” task and thereby accelerates the conversions.
Wrapping Things Up
To wind up one's bigger picture goal with video marketing should be to educate customers and ultimately establish thought leadership within your sphere. Marketers also should always focus on educating their customers through their videos and should share their content on whichever social space their audience hangs out.
Hope the above tips help you optimize your video content strategy.