Digital Marketing Over Traditional Marketing: Which One is Better in 2020?
Competition is business is increasing day-by-day. In this case, it is essential to hire the best marketing team for any business. Spending the money for marketing in the right way and the right direction is necessary.
Types of marketing
Now, in marketing, there are two methods; either digital marketing or traditional marketing.
But, these days, digital marketing is more effective than traditional marketing.
Some statistics are given below to get an idea of spending.
- Total spending on Google Ads is 17.6% to $333.25 billion in 2019.
- Mobile ecommerce was at 44.7% in 2019 but as per experts, it could reach 49.2% by the end of this year.
- Ecommerce sales could reach up to 6.7 trillion by 2020 as per expert analysis.
- B2B marketing experts say that there are chancing of growth in voice shopping to $40 billion from $2 billion by 2022.
Key benefits of digital marketing over traditional marketing:
1. More intersection with the audience: Yes, digital marketing helps in increasing the audience interaction. Here, one can easily talk to their customer and can resolve a query or can thank customers for the great reviews.
2. Can get feedback quickly: Through this medium, getting the input of the customer becomes very easy. Either bad or good, a company will be able to know the customer's opinion and can improve.
3. Consumes less time: Traditional marketing was time-consuming. For example, if you have to survey the product, it takes to much time to get the forms filled physically. But in digital marketing, it can be done very quickly by sending the same message to thousands of customers at one time.
4. More innovative: People nowadays get attracted to more creative things. Therefore, it is a perfect option to show your product in digital form through attractive videos and 3D-images.
5. Updated and more customisation options: One can make the changes and can update the information very quickly if it is in digitalised form. The customisation options are more, and one can use them to send an accurate message to the customer.
Therefore, there are an ample number of advantages of digital marketing over traditional marketing. One can see how rapidly digital marketing is growing by enabling interaction with customers.
How to Invest in Digital Marketing
There are many ways by which one can start doing digital marketing. Some of them are:
1. Hire a social media team: The social media is a large platform, and users are readily active on it. People see many products on social media and decides whether they have to purchase it or not. Therefore, it becomes essential to present your product attractive on different platforms.
Not only showing the products but also interacting and commenting and replying is essential on all the social media platforms. People only love a brand that is interactive with people.
2. Develop result-oriented websites: These days, people always look for the best social media sites that could help them to get the information quickly. So, ask your developer to develop a website that could pass all possible details about your brand uniquely. Also, make the site user-friendly.
3. Use the link-building technique: This technique is very trendy among developers. In this, one can inter-link their various platforms easily by using a few hyperlinks. These hyperlinks can redirect your user to another platform after very conveniently.
4. Keep an eye on all the platforms: It is an essential step as one has to keep an eye on all the activities. It will help to create a good reputation. That is why, thse days, organisations have a separate team for social media interaction.
Digital marketing vs. Traditional marketing
Now, this is a provocative question about which platform we can use to grow the business. All the information that we have provided above states that digital marketing is perfect for interacting with the audience in today's world.
People are highly active in their social media accounts, and users are also looking for reviews of each product on Google before purchasing them. There it becomes essential to take care of it.
It can also save the costs of the organisation by providing a secure medium to market the product. Also, there is very little need to go out as the computer systems can handle it.
SEO: An essential element of digital marketing
If you are on various online platforms, then it is a difficult task to stand out among competitors. In this case, SEO is the best useful thing that a person can opt for. It helps to optimise your platforms by using keywords. Keywords are those words for which people or the users are searching the most.
Therefore, making the platforms SEO optimised is essential for any digital marketing team. There are many advantagesto give a boost to the business.
Now, using various online platforms and digital marketing mediums are very beneficial for any marketing team. One has to make a proper plan to get optimum results through multiple platforms.
A single individual can't operate all the sections of online platforms alone. Therefore, having a team in the organisation is the best option to get the best digital marketing results.