How to Use Video Marketing Strategy to Accelerate Engagement
In recent times, video marketing has crossed over from niche to the mainstream. What's more, statistics show that this trend will continue. Video content on the internet is not just Youtube . Video is ubiquitous. Video is an extension of articles on web portals, and replaces written instructions and, of course, serves to increase sales.
Why is video marketing crucial nowadays? What attracts the attention of customers more: written, graphic or video content? You will find the answer to this question in the article below, but let's consider some key issues before: does your company really need videos? Will video marketing provide a better return on marketing investment compared to other activities?
Several years ago, the internet was mainly a source of providing people with entertainment based on simple games and a tool for work. Currently, the potential of the internet is huge and virtually anyone can find what they are looking for in it.
According to statistics, video advertising definitely dominates over text or graphic form. Interesting visual content that is unique evokes strong feelings among recipients.
Below are the most important features of video marketing:
1. Building curiosity
TV series provide an example of effectively building interest and engaging viewers. If we want to increase curiosity in our potential customers, we should prepare our content in a few short stories. This is a proven tactic of video marketing. Please note that it's worth ending the video with a teaser/teaser, which you can expect in the next part of the video. It is also worth adding a link containing a call to action, the so-called the so-called. CTA, i.e. Call To Action (e.g. link to contact form).
2. Brand credibility
Online videos give products or services a human face, which is a big advantage over other types of marketing content. When people appear in the video, they will inspire more trust among viewers than hundreds of written reviews. Customers need security and certainty to make the final purchase decision. Because competition in ecommerce is huge, trust in a product or brand is a key element.
3. Viral – entertainment for the viewer
Most of the "viral content" on the internet, and above all on social media, are video clips. It's nice to watch, some are very creative (funny videos, animations, memes etc.). Try to find topics related to your business and introduce them to videos with a large dose of humour; it will certainly increase the fan base of your company.
4. Deliver a large amount of content
The amount of attention that internet users devote to reading content decreases every year along with the changing types of content available on the web. There is an increase in the use of video content, while the length of individual videos is constantly decreasing.
People watch videos on the go and are less inclined to read text, especially on smartphones. Society values the convenience and speed of acquiring information. Internet users do not like long messages, which bore them due to short attention spans. A good video is able to provide as much as 30 seconds of information as three A4 pages of written text.
5. Good presentation for a simple transfer of content
In some industries, the vocabulary describing services or products is difficult and specific. In such cases, using a picture instead of a word is a much better solution. It is easier to visually illustrate the instruction manual of complex machines than to describe it. Practical presentation of the use of some products faster and lastingly will be remembered by internet users, making videos with some professional program will be of great help.
Popular video formats that increase user engagement:
- Instructional videos - Often recorded by influencers and bloggers to discuss the operation of a given product or to instruct customers how to use it. What is difficult to describe in a product can be much simpler to show. Do not focus only on your products, it is worth to deviate a little from the subject and thus interest the recipient in our product from a different angle.
- Video blog - Many companies run a company blog. This is one of the better channels for communication with clients, so that posts are not standard and kept in a dry text company can be put on a video blog. This form of marketing works great in the tourism, culinary and sports industries.
- Online webinars - These can be trainings for new clients / partners or colleagues, they are conducted live, they are fantastic as a channel for providing knowledge in the field of company activity or conducting educational training. The webinar can be extended to chat conversations and establish direct contact with the client.
- Opinions and references - Before buying products, customers often obtain information about the product from users who have tested it. Video reviews are videos in which you can contain the most important product information that customers provide.
The statistics show that the role of video content on the internet will increase. Internet users are getting younger and companies must be ready to change generations and meet them.
Educating customers with instructions and guides
The video instruction or video guide has definitely a more friendly form than an ebook or traditional paper documentation describing the use. Videos are especially helpful for products that the customer needs to assemble or install. It's best to publish a whole series of video tips on a themed playlist on the company's YouTube channel . Links to the instructions can be already sent in the mailing during the execution of the order - thanks to this the customer will immediately know where to look for service advice.
Video is currently one of the most popular and effective forms of content distribution. Moving images containing sound or subtitles make the consumption of information easier for the user and they are better remembered, as indicated by the so-called efficiency memorisation triangle.
It shows that we remember 10% of what we read, 20% of what we hear, 30% of what we see and as much as 50% of what we hear and see . So this means that while watching video with sound, we will remember half of the information presented. No wonder that the video format works so well on social media, including on Facebook.