5 Reasons Why Picking a Solution Partner is Like a Marriage
Have you ever been involved in a digital marketing project that got derailed? Has your launch date been pushed due to failed expectations? Have you ever questioned why a platform or a solution partner was chosen?
There are numerous moving parts to digital projects, including choosing the right partner. If one component is out of sync it can have a domino effect. Picking the right service partner is much like picking a marriage partner, you’re tied at the hip for a long time. Some digital engagements even last longer than marriages. Therefore it’s imperative to evaluate your suiters before saying, I do.
How To Avoid A Service Partner Divorce.
- The Whole Package. Evaluate partners that provide a more holistic approach. It’s best when a partner understands your digital strategy, how to implement and integrate your technologies and understand how that will affect organizational change management. You work hard. Don’t you deserve the whole package?
- Set realistic goals. Prioritizing and listing out realistic digital goals along with assigned tasks can help ensure that milestones are met. Clearly define roles and responsibilities that include a timeline checklist, accompanied by a memorialized communication plan will maximize ROI. With realistic goals documented you will keep the project moving forward smoothly because everyone will know what they should be working on and when.
- Dad’s Approval. Getting senior buy-in is paramount. Digital Transformation projects can quickly lose their appeal when they run into leadership roadblocks. Avoid bottlenecks by including digital awareness for; vision, budget, and change management with key decision makers.
- Circle of friends. Dodge digital silos by choosing technology platforms that complement each other, integrate well and address your needs today and into the future. The Adobe Marketing Cloud is an example of the perfect circle of friends. It gives you a complete set of integrated digital marketing solutions to organize, access and personalize your marketing content.
- Communication! Communication! Communication! Ironically sometimes the best way to communicate is to listen to your subject matter experts, internally and externally. Other times it ’s best to ask lots of questions. Either way utilizing a proven methodology like full transparency that is rooted in honesty is the only way to ensure a long-standing relationship.
When undertaking digital transformation, it is imperative to pick the right strategic partner for the implementation of new technologies and to help drive process change. When your project hits a pothole, you can feel at ease knowing that your partner has a vested interest in the outcome, much like a marriage.