Lip Devotion: Using Social Media To Launch A New Product
New products hit the market all the time. If you’ve ever launched a product, you know it's a huge undertaking. However, just because you might be entering a highly competitive market doesn’t mean there isn’t room for your product.
Building a brand can take time and using social media can help you reach your target audience faster than traditional marketing strategies.
Let’s imagine you’re about to launch a new lipstick color which perfectly matches the soles of Louboutins. You’ve done your research and understand 55% of women regularly wear lipstick with well over 60% of cosmetic conversations on social media making mention of lip color.
Let’s build upon this scenario to say you plan to sell in large box stores, but you’re also looking to drive direct sales through your website. Here are a few digital marketing tips for before, during and after the launch:
Before You Launch:
- Ask your online audience to weigh in about packaging decisions - if a customer feels invested they are most likely to purchase.
- Decide if you want to accept pre-orders - is your website set-up for this functionality? Are your distribution channels ready?
- Show teases of products being made, packaged, tested, etc.
- Build hype leading up to the actual launch date - use video to share your own excitement.
- Give influencers a preview and let them share their product review online.
- Plan the announcement. Perhaps plan a series of posts. Host a Facebook Live? Snapchat? Host a giveaway during the announcement. Have fun and encourage others to help spread the word.
- Make sure to get professional product images.
- Make sure online purchases can be made with ease. Maybe even develop a company app.
- Leverage appropriate trends. For example, just last week was "Smile Power Day."
- Focus on what differentiates your product. Display the benefits of your product.
- Create a series which reveal the layers behind your product - what is it made of? What does it do - moisturizing, long-lasting, hydrating, gloss, UV protection, etc.
- Create beautiful imagery. - Create an aesthetic that is unique to your brand.
- Tutorials that go beyond the makeup how-to's. Match it to outfits, events or seasons.
- Engage with fans - reward them for sharing their experience with your product.
Lipstick is an affordable luxury which many women enjoy around the world. It can change your mood and elevate your look. Why wouldn't you leverage the power of social media as a form of word-of-mouth marketing.
Do you have a product launch coming up and need a solid social media strategy in place? Connect with us to learn how our social media experience can help you achieve market share.
The Team at Chipperfield Media LLC.