5 Tips For Maximising Your Revenue From ‘Organic’ Agency New Business Activity
As we’ve said most of the new business for your agency will come through the door from referrals and recommendations. But this doesn’t mean you should sit back and wait (sorry).
Outside of just being amazing at what you do creatively and strategically, making your client look good at every available opportunity, and giving great service (all a given) – you can help amplify the events that happen organically within your own network by employing a few simple tactics. Here are our five fail safe tips, so get cracking…
1. Build your networks – build an up-to-date client email database, get your clients to follow you on Twitter by following them and including social information in your email sigs, get your team to link to clients and other senior team members within the company.
2. Sharing is caring – case study your big projects and blog about your ongoing work. Then when published share it across your company social accounts and your teams social accounts, especially LinkedIn. Wrap it up in an easily shareable monthly or bi-monthly email. After completing step one, your contact books and social accounts are weighed down with contacts. Clients love to pigeon hole, by showing examples of what you do for others you just might break out.
3. Take me to your thought leader – what are your clients challenges?, what trends are in your clients market?, what new tools and techniques can they use to reach customers? Write, write, write and share, share, share. If you don’t fancy that: webinars and events.
4. Always be selling (ABS) – client facing team members should be selling all the time. Put aside cheesy notions of what selling is. Solution selling is all about asking questions and solving problems. Make sure they are briefed on points 1 – 3 and sharing with their clients.
5. Don’t ask, don’t get – many people don’t feel comfortable simply asking “do you know anyone who might benefit from what we do”. But be assured, it works!
Shameless plug! If this feels like hard work, you don’t have the internal resource or you’d just rather focus on what you do best the team at incite can pick up your organic new business activity for you. Get in touch and let’s have a chat.
Originally published at incitenewbusiness.co.uk.