Quality Content Has Durability As Well As Instant Gratification
How shareable is your blog?
Does your content have shareability? While shareability is not easily quantifiable, there´s still plenty you can do to increase the chances of your content being shared. You only need to consider what catches your eye as you flit through your social media timelines to realise that some pieces have a certain je ne sais quoi.
I came across an interesting article on the Search Engine Watch website, which discusses how you can begin to introduce content that will have your audience hitting “Like” or “Retweet”.
- A scroll-stopping headline. New posts are constantly streaming into users´ timelines, so you´ve got to make your content stand out. “The Ten Best…”, for example, never goes far wrong as everybody loves a list.
- Good value for time. Everybody´s busy, so you´ve got to make every article unique and worthwhile in the reader´s eye.
- Reader friendly. Not just any reader, though – your reader. So get you know your audience.
- Break it up. Bulleted and numbered lists aren´t entirely necessary all the time, but they´ll prove very important for readership, unless you´re measuring the success of your content in sighs. Images and videos are good for this, as well having great shareability.
- Consistency counts. A clear brand tone and voice will establish familiarity. Readers will take assurance in a steady and consistent stream of content.
Search Engine Watch says that taking the time to create valuable, shareable content for your brand “is one of the best long-term lead generation strategies you can pursue”. If you need a helping hand with your content, both in terms of creation and strategy, give us a call. We are a team of content generation specialists and would love to help.
Article first published here on 12/09/14.