6 Photoshop Hacks Every User Should Know About
Discover some of the best tips and tricks every user should know for Adobe Photoshop.
Photoshop shortcuts can help you turn your photo projects into gems the fast and easy way. Photoshop contains numerous ways for you to create various types of photo projects for print pieces, gifts, blog posts, websites and more. From basic to complex, Photoshop contains ways for you to do almost anything you can imagine.
Here are six hacks everyone should know about Photoshop.
Fix the Color
When the picture you want to use is not up to par, Photoshop offers several ways you can enhance the photo. From fixing red-eye to smoothing out skin tones, here are some hacks for making your photos snap. Here are two of the most popular steps people like to take when correcting photos.
- Eye color: The Dodge feature lightens eye color, while the Burn feature darkens eye color. Duplicate the eye layer and rename it. Select the Dodge tool and then select the irises of the eyes. Change the brush size, harshness, range, and exposure to change the eye color. Select the Burn tool and then select the iris and the pupil portion you want to darken. Change the brush size, harshness, range, and exposure to change the eye color.
- Skin tone: You can get rid of oily and shiny skin tone by using the eyedropper to select the oily or shiny portions of the skin. Set your brush to normal and 15 percent opacity. Oily and shiny skin turns into matte and flat skin.
You can embellish your projects in a variety of ways using Photoshop. While these hacks are less of a necessity and more about adding pomp and circumstance to your projects, here are the steps to help you accomplish it.
- Shape photos: You can embellish your projects by turning your photos into creative shapes. Paste the shape you want to turn your photo into on top of the photo. Select the magic wand tool and then click inside of the shape on top of the picture. Hide the layer. Click on the layer where your photo is. Use the Control C and Control V commands to cut and paste the newly shaped image. Hide the original image and save your newly shaped image with a new name.
- Glitter: You can also add glitter to your projects to give it a little shine. Start by filling in the object with the color glitter you want to create. Choose the duplicate filter and then add noise. Choose the layer style of linear dodge and then change opacity to 77 percent.
The computer keyboard comes in handy when using Photoshop. Keyboard shortcuts allow you to hit certain keys simultaneously to produce the effect you want. Here are a few of the most popular keyboard shortcuts you can add to your list of hacks.
- Font preview: You can quickly review font options by highlighting the font palette. Then, simply use the arrow up and arrow down keys on your keyboard to scroll through a preview of the different font options. Choose the font you want to use and apply it to the text in your project.
- Duplication: You might want to duplicate the layer you’re working on so you can keep the original version as is. Hit Control and J to duplicate the layer of the project. This keyboard shortcut duplicates all the features of the layer you’re working on, which permits you to experiment with filters without sacrificing the original work.
You can find tutorials and inspiration online to help you with your Photoshop projects. Many Photoshop classes are also taught virtually via online training courses. All you need is a reliable high-speed Internet connection (such as those offered from Frontier) and the app installed on your computer to get started.
Photoshop is full of innovative ways to add creativity to any project you are working to create. As is the case with almost any program, there are long and short ways to accomplish the same goal. You now have a short list of hacks you can turn to use Photoshop faster and easier than ever before.