Why Alexa Traffic Shouldn't Be Forgotten
Alexa may not be as popular among marketers as it was before, but we shouldn't forget how this tool really helps and has built the online marketing community.
Ugh, Alexa traffic? That’s so outdated, right? That’s the usual reaction that I get whenever I talk about Alexa analytics. Yes, Alexa may not be as dependable as before, but we shouldn’t forget how this tool really helped and built the online marketing community.
Although some of you may never realize this, but Alexa still has “her” spice. Yep, your Alexa Traffic still matters a lot, and you are not just aware of it. But Alexa traffic is not that dependable anymore, right?! It’s not even accurate!
Read more on Digital Doughnut.
In terms of accuracy, Alexa may do need to have some tidy-up. You must be able to realize (or at least, be familiar) with Alexa’s system of analyzing traffic.
How Does Alexa Work?
These are systematic method and steps that Alexa uses in order to measure your website traffic.
1. Users must install Alexa toolbar in their website browsers –These toolbars act as “beacons” that shares your browsing data with Alexa.
2. Data are collected by Alexa through these toolbars – Alexa will use your cookies as their basis in analyzing your website activity.
3. Alexa will process the raw data from your toolbars – Alexa will analyze these website traffic data and figure out the outcome by using the data that your toolbar has sent.
4. Alexa will display the rankings of the websites that you have visited – After that, everyone can now see the rankings of those websites that you have visited.
Now, as have said earlier, your Alexa ranking still matters when it comes not only to SEO, but also to your website viewers which will eventually turn into click traffic. And as promised, we’ll tell you why.
1. It adds website exposure – Even though Alexa isn’t that popular anymore, its top websites gain enough exposure for more traffic. Besides, any top websites on any platform deserves a view from curious visitors.
2. Some ad companies still use Alexa ranking – Some ad companies who are finding new prospects and partners cannot discover your traffic count that easy. So how else will they find it? They sometimes use Alexa analytics to figure out a website’s worth. If you really want good sales and profits, investing on Alexa is very much ideal.
3. It is connected to Google and Amazon – Google, one of the biggest companies and ruler of all search engines already bought Alexa. This means that all of these websites that dominates Alexa has also the same chance in appearing on Google’s search engine results page. This means that when a certain website owner invests on Alexa, he might able to have the same exposure as with Google, too.
So after hearing these 3 surprising reasons why Alexa traffic shouldn’t be forgotten, you might feel a little bit excited and curious at the same time. If I were you, I should also start investing on it. Who knows? Maybe Alexa is the only missing piece when it comes to your success.
Read more on Digital Doughnut.