10 things about Facebook Sweeps
A sweepstakes in the social media space can be a great acquisition tactic.
1. Finalize your objectives - if its to acquire Fans, think of requiring fanning and limiting entries to one per Fan.
2. Decide on your giveaways - these don’t have to be particularly fancy.
3. Design your rules keeping in mind guidelines from Facebook.
4. Design an attractive landing tab - include any must-read disclaimers upfront and a link to the full set of rules. Transparency is everything.
5. Add ’Share buttons’ to your creative for easy pass along. And while you are getting people into the sweeps, you can even ask them if they want to opt-in for other communications.
6. Run everything through your standard approval channels - include any legal and fulfillment teams.
7. Support with Facebook ads to amplify the effect.
8. Post status updates directing to the sweeps, send out an email and advertise in your own channels - cross promote and cross promote some more!
9. Get Facebook to approve all promotion assets.
10. Test everything, launch and monitor results.