to download the report
Digital Leaders - How to build a digital business and thrive inside one
The Digital Leaders report, published by Digital Doughnut, explores the key attributes of a truly digital organisation, with a focus on both the key roles and the characteristics required for companies to succeed in the digital age.
The 25-page report, which is relevant for senior marketers and business leaders across all sectors, explores what is required for companies that want to fully embrace the potential of digital technology, and to empower their people to do so.
Based on interviews with a range of successful digital leaders, this report also seeks to understand the career trajectory of those with a digital background, and how they can accelerate their careers with a view to joining the C-suite.
The report is divided into three main sections. The first section is an anatomy of the digital C-suite, looking at the overall characteristics and individual roles required for a leadership team within a successful digital business.
The second section, culture is king, looks at how the right behaviour, from leadership downwards, is necessary for businesses to thrive, and includes sub-sections on innovation, diversity and the importance of long-term thinking.
The final section, fast-tracking your career, looks at how individuals can seek to thrive within a business which is aspiring to be truly digital and customer-centric.
The report features contributions from the following digital leaders:
- Peter Abraham, Co-Author of “Building the Agile Business through Digital Transformation” and Co- Founder, weareCrank.
- Eva Appelbaum Founder, Future Strategy Club
- Francesca Brosan, Chairman, Omobono
- Justin Cooke, Venture Partner, Northzone
- Richard Flint, CEO, SkyBet
- Adam Gray, Co-Founder, Digital Leadership Associates
- Tim Hughes, Author of “Social Selling: Techniques to Influence Buyers and Changemakers” and Co-Founder, Digital Leadership Associates
- Martyn Jobber, Consultant and Adviser to C-suite and to VCs (and former client-side C-suite executive)
- Helen Mitchell, Co-Founder and Director, Blukudu
- Stephen O’Brien, CEO, Cube Online
- Julia Porter, Board Director and Business Adviser
- Neil Roberts, Head of Digital, Eurostar
- Sarah Speake, CMO
- Jo Vertigan, Digital Strategy Lead, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence