1 Day Course - Programme Includes:
We also offer an Award in General Data Protection Regulation (Award GDPR) and by participating in this 1-day training course you will gain complimentary access onto this qualification.
How we got a new General Data Protection Regulation
- What were the drivers for the new Regulation and who had a say in how it turned out
- How the transition from the current regime into life under the GDPR will be managed
- Did the final compromises help marketers?
- Will the old laws be replaced and when?
- How will electronic communications be affected?
- How will the new law be enforced?
Key Definitions and scope
- What the new terms, such as personal data, consent and profiling mean
- The global scope of the new legislation
- Who is affected by the Regulation and what are the responsibilities?
- Is offshore marketing covered?
Changes for marketers
- What consent will look like
- Will the “soft opt-in” for email survive
- How “Legitimate Interests” can help
- What profiling is covered
- The use of data will have to be much more transparent – So what do individuals need to be told and how?
- What will you need to record to support legal processing?
- Can your current database cope with significant detail about consents and objections?
- What are Privacy Impact Assessments and when will you have to undertake them?
- Who has liability if there is a breach?
- What do contracts need to cover to ensure that processors have protected themselves?
- What if the Data Controller is overseas or ceases to trade?
- New right to be forgotten and to have data erased. How to honour objections and complex suppressions
- Enhanced rights of access to personal data
- User experience and customer service implications
Getting ready for the Regulation
- What does the Regulation mean for your business?
- How to undertake a GDPR impact assessment
- Preparing an action plan for pre-implementation