Understand what direct marketing has to offer and how it works?
- Defining it how it relates to digital marketing
- The key principles of successful direct marketing
- How to target the right people
- Developing relevant communications – direct marketing creativity
- Measurement and ROI
Be able to reach new customers with effective direct response advertising
- Characteristics of the different media and finding information on channels/titles
- Planning your acquisition campaign
- Integrating with digital marketing for maximum effect
Knowing how to plan and generate results from Press/ Magazine advertising
- How direct response advertising works differently from ‘awareness’
- How to plan, manage, create and evaluate direct response press that delivers results
- Wastebasket fodder or low cost acquisition? Making the most of inserts
Harnessing the continued power of Direct Mail
- How and why it works?
- Managing the process for planning and implementing a campaign
- Managing suppliers of data, printing and mailing
- Generating new customers and creating and growing existing ones
Door drop – unaddressed household leaflet drops
- Direct Mail’s poor relation or an effective targeted acquisition channel?
- How to target households with geo demographic and lifestyle data
- Its role in an integrated acquisition plan
- Planning and managing your campaign
- Electronic direct mail?
- What can it best achieve?
- Plan and manage campaigns
What makes people respond and buy, donate or vote?
- How direct response creative works
- The creative brief
- Evaluating creative output
- Creative testing
How direct marketing can retain more of your customers
- Understanding the customer journey and how best to use direct communication
- Planning and implementing your contact strategy and measuring results
- Not just hanging onto customers, but helping them spend more with you
Measuring and evaluating Direct Marketing
- Managing data and response
- Deciding what to test for maximum future impact
- Planning and setting up reliable tests and evaluating results
- How to measure direct marketing over time
- Meeting the challenge of attributing results to different media
How different is Business to Business (B2B) from Consumer (B2C) prospects and customers
- Differences and similarities are highlighted during each session