Introduction to writing for digital channels
- How do readers ‘see’ digital content?
- The skim factor
- Skimmers and scanners v longer readers
- Web usability research and what it means for effective writing
- Mobile – where else your customers and audience might read your copy
Breaking down the brief
- Getting started with a digital mind-frame
- Importance of key words and phrases
- How to sell digital copy
- Making the most of each medium – websites, emails, ads
- What will work, where?
- Checklist for effective web writing
Expanding the content for web pages
- How SEO affects digital content – where else will your headlines appear?
- Which words are the most important on a web page? And why?
- Understanding ‘call to action’ the digital way
Making emails and email marketing campaigns work harder
- Who reads marketing emails?
- Who doesn’t? And why?
- Getting the subject line right
- Not getting sent straight to spam
- Effective email copy
- Golden rules and cardinal sins
- Test test test – what to test and why
Editing and repurposing content for digital channels
- Key points to consider when repurposing or editing content
- At what stage digital content should be considered
- Quick wins with little effort
- When copy alone is not enough... Making sure enhanced content is working just as hard for you.
- Key editing do’s and don’ts
- How to start incorporating the day’s principles within other digital copy opportunities