Introduction to writing for digital channels
- Where blogging and social media sit in a marketer's creative tool kit
- How do they affect SEO?
- Why do they need to be written in a different way to websites and print copy?
- Brief intro on digital usability and your audience/brand
Blogging: What makes a great blog?
- What is a blog?
- Dialogue, not a conversation
- Top 5 content rules for a great blog
- Top 5 cardinal sins for a great blog
- Where to find blogs, where to promote blogs, existing blog examples
Individual Exercise: Create a new blog in WordPress
- What else is out there?
- Name your blog and create a template
- Write your first posts
- Add images and video
Taking the blog further
- Links/blog-rolls/tag clouds etc.
- Dealing with comments
- Stimulating comment
Social Media - think strategically, not tactically
- What is it you want to achieve?
- Recap the potential benefits
- Where is your audience?
- What are they doing and what do they expect?
- How will you measure success?
The key players: Facebook, Twitter and more
- What do they each offer
- What do their users expect
- How could they work for you
- Key competitors
- What do you need to think of from a writing point of view?
Using social media for search
- How does that work?
- The importance of your words and phrases when other people are searching
- Making the most of the #tag/RT/lists
Getting the tone right
- Top 5 things to remember when writing for social media
Dealing with comments and feedback
- Commenting and dealing with comment – tone, phrasing, reaction
Group Summary of the day
- Create a personal list of digital do's and don'ts
- Identify future training requirements